Caring for your jewellery in the right way can mean it lasts for years to come, so here's a few trusty tips on how to keep it looking its best.
* Try not to get your jewellery wet ( this means no swimming or showering ) as this can tarnish and corrode metal components, but if you do happen to get caught in a rain storm make sure it is fully dry with a soft cloth before putting away in an airtight box
* Chemicals, soaps, creams and perfumes can tarnish and corrode jewellery causing irreparable damage, so please avoid using any of these in area's where your jewellery make come in to contact with it
* Don't sleep or exercise in your jewellery as this can lead to breakage or tarnishing with excess sweat
* Store it in the original box or airtight jewellery box/organiser, air, dust and sunlight can tarnish jewellery and cause it to lose its shine
* Brass will naturally patina over time, this can easily be cleaned up to look as good as new with a little bit of brass polish and a dry cloth, i recommend Brasso
* When storing necklaces i recommend hanging it or making sure the clasp on the chain is fastened to avoid tangling. If the chain does become tangled, gently use a pair of tweezers/pliers to loosen it
I hope these top tips mean you can love and wear your jewellery for years to come, if you'd like any more information please don't hesitate to get in touch